Friday, January 23, 2009

01-23-09 Examine Ourselves

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
-Psa 139:23,24-

Are there chambers of the mind with unclean pictures hanging on them? Have we skeletons in the cupboards of our hearts? Can the Holy Ghost be invited to take us by the hand down the corridors of our souls? Are there not secret Springs, and secret Motives that control, and secret Chambers where polluted things hold empire over the soul?
There are three persons living in each of us: the one we think we are, the one other people think we are, and the one God knows we are.
-Leonard Ravenhill-

3 comments:

  1. This is really good Larry, I thought about it all day! The images that really stic with me are the corridor images of Ravenhill's message..."secret chambers where polluted things hold empire over the soul" what a phrase....

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow brother! Expose it. Response was too long to post here so sent you an email. Share or not - up to you.

    Gotta love Ravenhill. Nothing like the "dead guys".

    ReplyDelete
  3. We absolutely loved the you tube video by Leonard Ravenhill that you have on your blog. I am sure that when we ARE 5 seconds in heaven we will have wished we had done more sacrifice. Love the blog site! We look forward every day now to your thoughts for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts