Saturday, January 24, 2009

01-24-09 Eternal Life Support

Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:53,54


To know that you have been saved is not only that you claim to have made a confession, but, that you have died to the world, “self”. As you die to the things of this world you are now getting a “blood transfusion” and “new breath” is coming into you, and then you become alive in Christ. You now will become a transformed person of which you are not your own.

I like to refer to this as “Eternal Life Support”, The Blood of Jesus running through our veins, renewing us.

The old soul tyranny and disposition, the old selfish determination to seek our own ends, manifests itself in our body, through our blood; and when that disposition of soul is altered, the alteration shows itself at once in the blood also.
-Oswald Chambers-

Oswald Chambers also quotes: “The Ruling Disposition of the soul always shows itself in the blood, the physical blood. In every language, good blood and bad blood is referred to; merciful blood and tender blood, hot or cold blood, and this is based on Scriptural teaching. Jesus Christ insists on the fact that if we are His disciples it will be revealed in the blood, i.e., the physical life”.

Blessings,
Larry D

1 comment:

  1. Larry,
    I remember that passage in Oswald about the blood, and it is something that has stuck in my mind for some time now. It is amazing to think that when we become a new creature we take on God's DNA! I like that about it being our Eternal Life Support. I have to ask myself every day what is the ruling disposition. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts