Sunday, January 25, 2009

01-26-09 Confidence

Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?"
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me." Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!"
( John 11:40-43)

Many times this scripture in John 11 is looked at as one of the great miracles of Jesus, and I take nothing from that, because it truly was. What I would like to focus on today is what Jesus spoke to the Father - "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me”.

“Oh”, the relationship between the Father and Son in which no circumstance could create a distance. Many more miracles can happen in our time on this earth if we can just get a hold of this, because this is the “True Intersession” that we must all pursue. Only in a fervent relationship with the Father can we now have confidence that what we pray for will come to past, because we know He heard us.

Corey Russell stated this: Confidence is the word and the ministry of Intersession. Confidence is a settling on the inside of your ability before God, and your know ability of God, “your access to God and your knowledge of God”. Confidence brings settle-ness, peace and authority in prayer. Intersession is not about getting God’s attention about the injustices of the world, but Intersession is about God getting our attention about the injustices.

Today, can we come before the Throne in prayer and feel confident that God has heard us? Are we confident that we are filled with the knowledge of His will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding? Do we truly have a fervent relationship with God, in the spirit? Can we say, “And I know you always hear me”?

Blessings,
Larry

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you wrote on confidence. I was just reading Oswald Chambers in the section on Isaiah and he says this: The only place of confidence is personal trust in God and patient waiting for Him. I never connected the two, confidence and waiting. I was trying to figure out, how do we confidently wait? Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, Did you find that in The Complete Works of Oswald Chambers?

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts