Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Journey

For the last week I have not been able to sit down and write a new blog... Not because I didn't want to, but because I have been on this journey of feelings and emotions,, etc. etc..... What I have come to realize is, that although those journeys in our lives have many ups and downs,, we do not go on them alone.. Sometimes it really feels like we are alone,, but we really aren't.....

Last week I was in a continuous state of asking God "WHY".... Why am I feeling this way, why do I feel like you are not with me on this,, why, why ,why,,,, and every time I started to experience my loneliest moment,,, He would speak to me somehow,,,,, either through a sermon, a song, a prayer from a friend through an email, or,, through the mouth of a little sweet 14 yr. old girl reading a scripture.

So, I knew enough, to "refuse" to allow myself to get offended at God for waiting too long to speak to me,,, in which I could only measure by my "own impatience",, because I also realized that what He really wanted,,, was for me to "trust" Him, and "seek" Him.

It is so easy for us in those times to look sideways and not up,,, looking for answers in places we shouldn't,, especially our own intellect,, and I believe this is where we can experience some very quiet times,, just "talking" to ourselves,, leaving out what is most important,"God".

I did not expect to write anything today that would be profound,, I just wanted to express to you the desire that is in God's heart to have fellowship with you... When you are sitting alone, nobody around, and the world seems to be crashing all around you,,, what will you do?? Will you seek the heart of God,, or will you seek other things?????



-Larry Dammerman-

5 comments:

  1. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God."

    Isaiah 41:10 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

    2 Corinthians 7:6-7 "Nevertheless God, who comforts those laid low, comforted us by the presence of Titus; yet not alone by his presence, but also by the comfort with which he had been comforted over YOU, as he brought us word again of YOUR longing, YOUR mourning, YOUR zeal for me; so that I rejoiced yet more."

    Love you,
    NG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we embark upon a journey, not of our own making, yet questioning where are you God; why am I in this place? What have I done wrong? Are you still with me? And yet it is simply a journey to a new place. We just have to pass through a wilderness on that journey. I know you of all people know that.

    Often the “wilderness” was pastoral land with plenty of water and vegetation but no permanent settlements or villages. In fact the Hebrew word originally meant “place of herding.” Hmmmmm……..pastoral land with water and food and a Shepherd. I like that journey. He truly gives us His heart as we go on the journey.

    A journey through the wilderness with all its testing and questions is precious. When you think back over those times you were there it should bring tears to your eyes and soften your heart. It should deeply affect the way we relate to and minister to others. It will always remind us that God is in the midst of that too. Be Blessed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often found that the journey of "why" leads me to a cliff. Needless to say, I have spent a lot of nights on the ledge pondering the predicaments of lost friendships, lack, sorrow, silence...the amazing thing is, when I come the conclusion that there is no where else to go but to the Shepherd and I open my mouth and cry, the crook of His staff always finds me. There is no reproach in his gaze at my wandering, only delight that my cry reached his ears, and I am embraced in his fold again. This blog is very profound, though I know you didn't intend for it to be. Learning to run to the Shepherd first, saves us a lot of wet, cold nights on the cliff. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is when I hit my lows that God picks me back up, up high enough that I think I can do it on my own and then CRASH!!! He is so loving to keep picking me "back" up when he thinks I'm ready to listen once again, but only because he knows my true heart and my "growing spiritual awareness" But I must say that when I'm walking alone I have my doubts and ask to many "why's" and that's when I fall every time! I pray, Jesus help me to continue to grow, Amen
    Love you Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that line about looking sideways, I do that...I try to control it all...I need to look up first. Let go and let God.
    Great post,
    Nan from IHOP Nw

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts