Monday, February 2, 2009

02-02-09 Serve Him

This morning I was ready to push the little button that would insert a great quote that I had found and the Thought for Today would have been posted. But as I sit here I realized that I had not asked God if that quote was the appropriate food for the day.
God, what is that I am to deliver to those that will read this? I do not know what they are going through, but God you know…

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matt 6:33

Why this scripture God? Everyone has heard it and read it? Then I realized that this is truly food for the day for all. Jesus is telling us in Matt 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? In our human nature we sometimes get so consumed, worrying about the daily things we need and if we really take inventory of our thoughts, we are also thinking about tomorrow , next week, and even years down the road..

Today I ask you, and myself, “can we seek after Him and put the energies and thoughts of the problems that we may face today, problems that want to be your master, in His hands? We know we can not serve two masters. Which master will you serve?

Let our thoughts be His thoughts.

Blessings,
Larry

1 comment:

  1. So true. It goes right along with Phil 4:6. Don't worry...PRAY. Our goal shouldn't be fretting over worldly things. James says it rather harshly, but it is in the infallible Word of God nonetheless:
    "You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with this world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again, that if your aim is to enjoy this world, you can't be a friend of God." yikes! that doesn't mean we can't enjoy life, however, we just need to make sure that isn't our "aim" our number one goal or purpose. Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts