Tuesday, February 3, 2009

02-03-09 Die To Flesh

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Gal 2:20

To be “Crucified” means to die to the flesh. When we find ourselves waking up in the morning with thoughts already trying to consume us that are of the flesh, it is evidence that our flesh is at war with our spirit. We want to believe that because we are “saved” that we no longer will be in that battle, but, it is because we have made that conscious decision to follow Christ and repent of our sins that the battle really begins. One preacher stated that “if you truly repented when you turned your life over to Christ, you will be repenting more today”. I grabbed a hold of that statement in a great way and I realized that I am not repenting today for what I already repented for then, but I am repenting for the thoughts and actions that want to lead me astray today. The soul is the battleground and those things that are not pleasing to God will expose themselves. We must continue every day to die to the things of the flesh. Paul said in 1Cor 15:31 “I Die Daily”. I believe that we also must die daily and draw upon the Mercies of God for they are “new” every morning and as David said in 1Chr 21:13, “His Mercies are Very Great”.

The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Romans 13:12-14

Blessings,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts