Wednesday, February 18, 2009

02-18-09- I Was....

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Matt 25:34-36

And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' Matt 25:40

Giving food to the poor is easy, eating with the poor is much harder but much more rewarding.
Jesus ate with the poor and He asks us to do the same. Communion with the poor is an enriching source of healing.

Jesus states in Matt 25:34-36 “I Was”…. You will never have another opportunity to feed and clothe and visit the poor.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love the Spirit! I just read and studied this passage yesterday with new understanding. God is so good! I'm here to be a humble servant to God's children...even the poor and starving. and not just feed them or eat with them but LOVE them!

    "Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Eph 4:2
    we must stop gossiping and love!

    "Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. ...Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." Romans 12:9-10

    "If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody." 1 Cor 13:2

    We need to stop pursuing signs and wonders and pursue LOVE!

    "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. ... I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you." Romans 15:9-12

    We are commanded to LOVE people as much as God loves His own Son!!! That's a LOT of love!

    Again, Jesus shouts this to all who claim Christianity, are true FOLLOWERS of Him, and are obedient... in Romans 15:17

    "I command you to love each other."

    ~Hooley4Christ~

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts